Mama Talk

Tune in for ramblings on having kids in your 30's, juggling a breifcase and a diaper bag, and opinions about all those worthless baby products I just HAD to have...(can you say "wet wipe warmer"!),

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Terri Shiavo - Please don't open the door

OK, Mama's gonna get a little political on y'all. I've got my soapbox and I'm gonna use it. Here goes...
Like many of you out there, I would not want to be kept alive by machines if I were a vegetable. In my mind that means brain dead and comatose. Unfortunately, the media only showed a very brief, and terribly one sided aspect of Terry's capabilities...and thus made it appear as though she was the vegetable described above. So, I initially agreed with those who sided with her husband.

But then my eyes were opened by a website that I truly hope you will visit.

www.terrisfight.org

See for yourself the videos of Terri in the Hospice.

Watch as she smiles, interacts and tries to communicate.

Read her own Doctor's, (Not the court appointed Doctor, but the one who had worked with her for years), statements about Terri's potential for progress had her husband bothered to get her therapy.

Read statements from neurologists who have examined her brain matter.

Please don't just take the press' (and Michael Shiavo's)word that she was a vegetable. I did at first, but then I saw this website and made up my own mind.

Yes, this woman was horribly disabled. But so is my next door neighbor's 8 year old who, because of serious birth defects, is in a motorized wheelchair. Whose arms and hands are curled into fists. Who cannot speak beyond a few grunts, feed or care for himself, now or ever. But he does smile. He does coo when you hug him. He does recognize people. He does ( and doesn't do for that matter) all the things Terri Schiavo could do. And yet NO ONE would ever think of starving him to death. To do so would be a MURDER.

After reviewing the "other side of the story' I think you will come to the same conclusion I did...this woman was no vegetable. She was a helpless disabled woman who was not allowed to improve. She was murdered. I don't know why and I don't care why, all I know is it is wrong. Just as wrong as if Jimmy's parents starved him.

What scares me, is that there are apparently a lot of people out there who think this might be OK. The further we let this door open, the worse it will get. Who will be next? Kids like Jimmy? My Alzheimer ridden grandmother? How about stroke victims? From there it is an easy step to the retarded and severely mentally disabled. After all they don't contribute to society, right?

Does any of this sound familiar? It should because that is exactly what Heinrich Himmler proposed and Adolf Hitler enforced in Nazi Germany. That's right folks, it wasn't just the Jews. It was also the disabled, the retarded, those with deformities...anyone who wasn't pure or perfect and/or who didn't "contribute" to society.

PLEASE DON'T OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Heidi Sue said...

Good thing we don't have government funded health care - 'cause we all know where they'd try to save money - - yup - getting rid of people like Terri. (Which - by the way - is what they love to do in the Netherlands - why they're even euthanizing (what a calm word for such a violent act) people who don't want to die!)

Nice blog : )

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger mandyalexander5813 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger eddkline1344 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger joeymiller38722822 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home